What is Box Lacrosse?
Box Lacrosse is Canadian style indoor lacrosse. A skills based game, it offers more skill repetition, a faster pace and a large emphasis on team passing and execution within the tight confines of an indoor field. Shooting, passing and ground ball skills will rapidly develop and improve.
“Playing professional box lacrosse took my outdoor game to the next level. Box lacrosse is why I made the Men’s US National Team, which went on to win the World Lacrosse Championships in 2010 in Manchester, England. Join HSL Box League for fun, competition and to continue developing your lacrosse skill and IQ.”
- Eric Martin, HSL Winter Box Director
The HSLL Box League is sanctioned by USBOXLA, the governing body of United States Box Lacrosse. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training, and has donated goalie gear to ensure safe, fun game play. This partnership provides HSLL box players the discounted USBOXLA membership rate of $20, instead of the full $45 price.
Step 1: To participate in the HSLL Winter Box League, first register with USBOXLA.
- >>>Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
- >>>Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
- Use Code W5WXPBBC ($20 for annual membership)
Step 2: Click here to register for HSLL Indoor Box League. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1.
HSLL Box League Pricing:
- 8U and 10U price is $175
- 12U, 14U and High School price is $225
- Goalies play for free (reimbursement at the end of the season). Pads provided, bring helmet, cup, mouth guard and stick.
- Bicep and Rib Pads are required for 12U thru HS box players to ensure safety and wellbeing. Bicep pads cost $30 and Rib pads cost $50, items are available for order during checkout process.
Boys 8U thru High School.
Mondays for (8U, 10U, 12U & 14U) and Wednesdays (High School), from November 6 to December 20, 2017. Click here for Box League Schedule.
HS Teams will be announced, including team matchups, on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Reno Sportsdome located at 2400 Tampa St, Reno NV 89512.
Eric Martin, Program Director, 10 year professional lacrosse player in the MLL and NLL, 2x NCAA Champion, World Champion, Pro Champion, Salisbury University Athletics Hall of Fame. Head Coach of Truckee North Tahoe Boys HS Team.
Eric Peacock, Program Administrator, Bishop Manogue Head Coach, HSLL and HSLF Board Member, played Collegiate Lacrosse at Whittier College and post grad with the Marin Lacrosse Club and others.
Justin Cutler, who’s playing career includes; Northfield Mt Hermon (93' New England Prep Champions), Indoor Action Club U15-U18 Box Lacrosse, University of Vermont (cut short by injury) and Catamount Men's Club. Justin has worked twenty years on Interagency Hotshot Crews, fighting fire across the Western US. He is entering his fourth year as a boys and girls coach of the HSLL South Reno Rattlers and he three children in the program.
8U to High School players will play Box Lacrosse in accordance to USBOXLA LACROSSE rules. First sessions will cover Box Lacrosse concepts, skills, rules, game play and safety. Much of which will be a refresher for returning members. Subsequent sessions will include skill work and situation concepts, then league game play. We will track results in High School League and host a playoff bracket to crown a box league champion.
- NOCSAE approved helmet and mouthpiece
- Rib pads ($50) and bicep pads ($30), sold a la carte during online checkout
- Gloves, elbow and shoulder pads
- Basketball style shoes, cleats are not allowed.
- Protective cup
- Goalie, bring helmet, cup, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. The League will provide essential box goalie equipment.
Avalanche Box Travel Teams (New for 2017-18):
- Participate in US Box Lacrosse Tournaments:
- Las Vegas Classic, Dec 15-17, 2017
- Bay Area Super Series, May 27-28, 2018
- Huntington Beach Nationals, Aug 3-5, 2018
- Roster size 14-18, *must be USBOXLA members.
- Additional fees for floor time, coaching, travel and tournaments apply
Jackie Cavilia, HSLL Board and League Administrator @
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse League Director, at
or call (530) 414-9316.